- Lightweight 5 km racer.
- Great for indoor gym training.
- Ultra-light and very responsive mid-soles keep you feeling one with the shoe.
- High density multi-directional mesh ankle support to reduce sideways ankle flexion
- Quick-drying, light and breathable mesh upper
- Pod cushioning inner-sole for comfort and arch support
- Agile Phylon mid-sole that feels energetic and responsive.
- Soft-feel, textured inners for comfort, airflow and even pressure-distribution.
- TPR sole for grip and anti-wear
- Light as a feather.
The Icarus fits like a road racer – sleek and light with added support around your ankles and arches. They feel snug but not restrictive, and the flexible mesh around the mid-foot section allows your feet room for natural flexion.
Why so cheap; what’s the catch?
We are able to bring you top quality shoes at such a good price because we are a local, South African born & bred sports footwear company. This means:
- We do not pay royalties to any international company or individual.
- We don’t have to pay a sourcing fee overseas like other shoe brands.
- We don’t pay mega-star individuals or teams to endorse our products. We choose to support local athletes.
- We are not paying inflated import duties.
The above expenses are all paid by almost all the big running shoe brands available in SA (and paid in USD or Euros), and these fees push up the price well beyond what the shoe and its materials actually cost. The bottom line is that South Africans are paying too much for shoes.
Our products are proudly South African, designed in Cape Town and the R&D is done by local athletes.
Support local – we do!
OUR CHALLENGE TO YOU: Try the blind test
Take out your three best pairs of lightweight speed shoes, mix in a pair of Olympic Icarus and have someone blindfold you. We challenge you to pick your favourite pair based on feeling alone.